Thursday, March 17, 2011

And then, we weren't there anymore.

Our relationship
disintegrates in the space between you and I
It slowly fades
dissipating until it is no more
and we have forgotten that it ever was

It's layers unfold
up in the sky above
point A and point B
It was too difficult for you to get to me
for you to hold me

But I never knew until now
what this time and space has slowly shown
It has burnt us down to ashes
and you cannot rebuild the structure
and with its loss you lose everything it held

and slowly move on
in a dream like state
like it never happened at all.

The photo on the desk
You and me
Embracing
It sits there, steady, next to the card from our 2nd anniversary
I think of that night
but I don't feel anything anymore
all the feelings have been felt
used up and now there is only room for acceptance

the final blow has been dealt
I know we are standing here
over the grave of us
in a mix of mourning, disbelief, and a lingering holding on

But I look over at the desk
At the picture frame
In it we once were, but we aren't there anymore.
We are gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment